Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ENVY 700-327c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP ENVY 700-327c is identified in HP SBHF03573 rev. 15 as being vulnerable to the Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities, but the line in the table for my system [HP ENVY 700-xxx (ROM Family SSID 2AF7) ]says no fix is available. Why is HP not making a fix available?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello
it is rather old ..
the bios has the latest version?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-envy-700-300-desktop-pc-series/6886619...

you have to keep the system and software up to date, we made a lot of noise for not much about it!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello
it is rather old ..
the bios has the latest version?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-envy-700-300-desktop-pc-series/6886619...

you have to keep the system and software up to date, we made a lot of noise for not much about it!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thank you for the link. I had previously searched the HP Support pages for updates but I'm embarrassed that I didn't find this update. The last BIOS update I found some time ago was to V80.20. I also have the latest version of HP Support Assistant and it also did not point me to the newer BIOS. I'm not impressed at all with HP Support Assistant. I also have a newer HP laptop and Support Assistant cannot find any updates or messages related to it even though I can find them manually on the HP support web site.

Although somewhat old now, the ENVY 700-327c system still works well. I use it for calculations associated with some occasional engineering consulting work The only change I need is a SSD to replace the HDD.

I would be happy to click the "accept as solution button" but I do not see it on the page.

HP Recommended

The "Accept as Solution" button finally showed up. I'm curious as to where you found the link. When I go directly to the HP Support pages and enter my serial number, this update is not shown. After following your link, that page has a link to "See all drivers for this product." Following that link also does not show the original link you sent me.

I downloaded the update and was finally able to get it to install after a lot of tries. The file FLASH.BAT that is extracted from the file sp76898.exe would not run unless I started a command prompt with "run as administrator" and then changed directories to c:\SWSETUP\SP76898.  After it updated, the system now seems to start noticeably more slowly than it did with the version 80.20 BIOS. Since the older BIOS cannot now be reinstalled, I will just have to live with the slower performance. However, that is not your fault and I do thank you for providing the link.

HP Recommended

" I'm curious as to where you found the link. When I go directly to the HP Support pages and enter my serial number, this update is not shown "

I was just logged into the computer page !

but the update is available in windows 8!

Annotation 2020-02-09 095648.png

Take care of yourself, follow the confinement instructions

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.