Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ProDesk 600 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone, after replacing the hard drive we fail on the Win10 installation. The new hard drive is not found / recognized during installation. Do we need to install certain BIOS settings?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Maybe you have to install the storage controller drivers when you are at the 'No drives found' window.

I have zipped up and attached below, the storage controller drivers that should work for the 600 G5 model series.

Download, unzip the files to their folder and copy the folder to a USB flash drive.

At the screen where you have the 'No drives found, click on the Load Driver option, and browse to the driver folder on your USB flash drive.

If you check the box, it will only include the compatible driver, and hopefully W10 will now see the drive.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, thank you very much for your answer. Even after installing the driver, no drives are recognized. Hence my question whether something still needs to be set in the BIOS.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

There aren't any settings to change that I am aware of.

If the drive was working on the current settings before it failed, the new one should also work with those settings.

You can always reset the BIOS to its defaults and see if that makes a difference.

See if this set of drivers I attached work instead.

If not, unfortunately I don't know what the problem could be.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.