Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP pavilion G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have 6 computers. I have updated 5 of them to Window 10 version 2004 successfully. I keep checking for the update on the 6th computer but it's never available for download and install. (By-the-way, all my Windows 10 computers are the "Home" version)

I click on the windows icon/settings/Update & Security and then I click on the "Check for updates" button. It searches but never comes up with the newest version for me to update. I had read somewhere that Microsoft was going to make sure all Windows 10 where updated to the newest version by the end of July.
Is there another way to get this update?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, @shu-hi :

If you are wanting to update your g7 to W10, it is probably safe to do so since it was never supported by HP for W10 in the first place.

They wouldn't be fixing any issues relevant to your PC.

I have updated all of my ancient fleet of PC's to W10 and none of them got the notice in Windows Update.

Just click on the blue Update Now button at the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

If v2004 doesn't work to your expectations you can roll back to 1909 within 30 days as long as you don't delete any files.

I had one PC out of the many I own not work right on W10 v2004...a HP 6910p business notebook built in 2007, that has the AMD x2300 graphics adapter.

The screen would keep breaking up, making it almost impossible to do anything.

They aren't going to fix that because there were only drivers up to W7 for that model GPU.

I see these updates almost like a marathon...the older PC's start dropping out of the update race as time goes on, due to one reason or another.

If you have a new PC you want to update, then I agree 100% with Silverwood. 

Wait it out until Microsoft pushes the update to your PC.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I had the same issue. Then the option to update appeared, then went again. This week it has now come back. I was told that Microsoft removed the download option if an issue with your PC was found. So my advice is to wait.

Keith

HP Recommended

Hi, @shu-hi :

If you are wanting to update your g7 to W10, it is probably safe to do so since it was never supported by HP for W10 in the first place.

They wouldn't be fixing any issues relevant to your PC.

I have updated all of my ancient fleet of PC's to W10 and none of them got the notice in Windows Update.

Just click on the blue Update Now button at the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

If v2004 doesn't work to your expectations you can roll back to 1909 within 30 days as long as you don't delete any files.

I had one PC out of the many I own not work right on W10 v2004...a HP 6910p business notebook built in 2007, that has the AMD x2300 graphics adapter.

The screen would keep breaking up, making it almost impossible to do anything.

They aren't going to fix that because there were only drivers up to W7 for that model GPU.

I see these updates almost like a marathon...the older PC's start dropping out of the update race as time goes on, due to one reason or another.

If you have a new PC you want to update, then I agree 100% with Silverwood. 

Wait it out until Microsoft pushes the update to your PC.

HP Recommended

Got it updated - it took 2 tries though. Working great - loving it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.