Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

i a Problem, i have an OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 870-213w, tried updating windows, was directed to update the drivers mentioned above, updated to the latest version and still had the same problem, can not update to the may windows 10 update, spent awhile with Microsoft support only to be directed to hp support, the normal support person could not help me so i was forwarded to a more advanced person, i was then told in order to fix the problem i would have to pay $100 bucks for him to fix the problem, needless to say i diden't finish the phone call

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I have the same problem with Windows 10 update version 1903. The Intel updater for the Rapid Storage Technology drivers appears to only be replacing the 64-bit drivers but not the 32-bit (x86) drivers. Evidently the Windows update is falling over the outdated 32-bit drivers. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

HP Recommended

@nazokage, @RJK_Socal, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

Refer to this document to download the troubleshooter

Restart the PC and check for the updates.

If this does not help, restore the BIOS to defaults and try again.

Refer to this document to know how.

Use HP Support Assistant to install any pending updates for the PC

1. In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

To update Intel® Rapid Storage Technology manually, Click here

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

This seems to be a new problem when updating to W10 version 1903.

One fix that seems to have worked for some folks is to navigate to:

"C:\Windows\System32\drivers", then find the iaStorA.sys driver and rename it to iaStorA_old.sys. 

Try the update again.

You can also try a clean boot (Link) if the above solution does not work.

Regards

HP Recommended

That worked perfectly! I suspected it was the old x86 driver the Intel updater didn't touch. The Windows update in complete.

HP Recommended

Hi RJK_Socal,

You're very welcome.

A lot of people are posting in this forum with the same problem.

Regards

HP Recommended

I have the same problem,  Where is HP help?

HP Recommended

Hi Bobpadge

This seems to be a Microsoft problem. Microsoft will have to fix this.

A workaround that appears to bypass the problem has been previously posted in this thread.

Regards

HP Recommended

(a fewposts above) suggested a simple solution: 

One fix that seems to have worked for some folks is to navigate to:

"C:\Windows\System32\drivers", then find the iaStorA.sys driver and rename it to iaStorA_old.sys.

Try the update again.

This worked for me and Windows 10 successfully installed the 1903 update. I guess Microsoft could re-write the installer to skip this anomaly or Intel could fix their updater to replace all the old files. My vote is for Intel to finish the job.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.