Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion HPE h8-1230
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is my HP Pavilion HPE h8-1230 Windows 10 compatable? If so, what do I need to do before updating. I currently have Windows 7 installed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Eagle-3 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to know the Windows 10 operating system is compatible with the HP Pavilion HPE h8-1230.

Unfortunately, It will not support windows 10 operating. 

Please refer to the following link HP Products Tested with Windows 10.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Eagle-3 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to know the Windows 10 operating system is compatible with the HP Pavilion HPE h8-1230.

Unfortunately, It will not support windows 10 operating. 

Please refer to the following link HP Products Tested with Windows 10.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply. I guess I'm stuck on Windows 7 until my PC Dies.

HP Recommended

@Eagle-3

I understand your concerns.

Your computer is not suitable for Windows 10 operating system. 

HP is not tested on your computer. This is a very old computer.

If you wish to install the Windows operating system. You can try to upgrade.

If that does not work. Again you have to switch back to the Windows 7 operating system.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

I've tried upgrading many times and it's always failed. I tried many fixes that I found by searching the internet, but none of them worked. That's why I asked the question whether my PC was compatible or not.

I did upgrade when Windows 10 was first released several years ago. It upgraded and activated just fine. I didn't test it very much and reverted back to Windows 7. So, I thought upgrading now would not be a problem. I was wrong. I'm thinking about doing a clean install, but hesitant because of problems that I may encounter and reinstalling my 100 plus programs would be a huge job.  

HP Recommended

@Eagle-3

I understand your concerns.

Some of the drivers of your hardware component are not available for the Windows 10 operating system.

That is why we have suggested you to rollback to Windows 7 operating system.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.