Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Envy TE01-1computer that I bought a few years ago from Costo, it came with Windows 10 Enterprise, finally decided to transfer my old computer to this faster one.  I noticed that it says "Activate Windows" but it doesn't seem to do it.  It suppose to do it automatically when connected to the internet with the Digital License in the BIOS but it has not.  It is HP OEM.  I downloaded the "Showkeyplus" app and it shows the OEM Key for Windows 10 Enterprise but when manually entered I get the "The product key you entered didn't work ... 0xc004f050.

Does anyone know how I can activate my windows?  My warranty expired several months ago.  I assumed everything was good but it is not.

Seeking help on what I need to do to fix it.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

"I have a HP Envy TE01-1computer that I bought a few years ago from Costco" I assume means a normal customer that somehow has Windows 10 Enterprise installed from a retail vender.

Windows 10 Enterprise uses a different activation process than the "standard" Windows.  Windows 10 Enterprise is intended for a Business structure where the business that bought the license provides the activation process, also.  If the PC is not located on a business network, then the activation process is done in another way.

Assuming you are a normal Windows customer, then you will need to either install a regular Windows 10 OS or find an unsupported activation process - which is stealing, BTW.  We cannot assist with unlawful activation for the Windows 10 Enterprise activation.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks, I think my problem is I had this computer sitting around for 1-1/2 years before using it and the warranty is passed.  Bought from Costco online with Windows 10 and came with 32GB of RAM, i7 cpu, and two drives one a SSD.   Didn't want to transfer the stuff on my old computer.  Finally, I was forced to do it because I was having issues with my old computer.   So, just started using it and transferring my stuff when I noticed that Windows didn't activate automatically.

I'm thinking this is an HP issue and looking for a contact number that I don't have to pay for to speak to someone. 

HP Recommended

This is not a HP issue.  Costco should not have sold a Windows 10 Enterprise PC to a non-Business customer.  What might have happened is this is a returned product where the customer installed Windows 10 Enterprise and then returned the product.

What might help - I found this on the Microsoft forum.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-from-windows-10-enterprise-to-home/a...

Other posts in the Microsoft forum say there is not path to convert the Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Home.  You might end up with having to buy Windows 10.  You can make your own install media, however.  If the PC did have Windows 10 installed at one time, then you do not need to buy.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

With a working PC, scroll down to the "Using the tool to create installation media"
and then follow the directions. You can make either the DVD or USB. Use this new media to install Windows 10.
When the install asks for the product key, click the "I don't have a product key" option to continue,
then the install will continue.  If the PC did have Windows 10 installed from HP when new,  It will be activated once it connects to the internet, as it uses a digital key.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.