Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop - TP01-1026
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm currently receiving WHEA-Logger Event ID errors multiple times per minute on my HP Pavilion Desktop  TP01-1026 running Windows 10 v21H2 (Build 19044.1586)

Unfortunately my event viewer has rolled over so I'm not certain when the issue has started, but it has been going for at least several days.

So far I have only experienced a black screen (computer was up but no video out), but the errors are disconcerting.

The errors are:

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Component: PCI Express Endpoint
Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

Primary Bus:Device:Function: 0x1:0x0:0x0
Secondary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x0:0x0
Primary Device Name:PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_8767103C&REV_16
Secondary Device Name:

It looks like Device ID maps to the Realtek RTL8822CE 802.11ac PCIe adapter.

I have used HP's Support Assist to download the most current drivers, verified in Windows Device Manager that no issues are detected (and no newer drivers are available), and have disabled the wireless adapter.  None of these have eliminated or reduced the errors.

Beyond these errors the event logs pretty much look fine.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DBB77

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Turn off the computer and wait at least 5 seconds with the computer in a full off state.

Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key, about once every second, until you see the Windows loading screen.

If a language selection screen opens, select the language you want to use to continue.

On the Choose your keyboard layout screen, select the keyboard layout that matches your keyboard type.

Choose your keyboard layout screen

On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.

Choose an option screen, with Troubleshoot selected

On the Troubleshoot screen, click Advanced Options.

Troubleshoot screen, with Advanced options selected

On the Advanced options screen, click System Restore.

Advanced options screen, with System Restore selected

Click Windows 10 as the target operating system.

System Restore screen, with a target operating system selected

The System Restore window opens. Click Next.

System Restore window, with Next encircled in red

Click the Restore Point that you want to use, and then click Next.

The Confirm Restore Point window opens.

Click Finish to restore your computer to a previous point.

Confirm your restore point screen, with Finish circled in red

Do not interrupt System Restore when it starts. Doing so can corrupt your hard drive and create more problems. Click Yes in the warning that appears.

Warning that appears before beginning a System Restore

System Restore returns the computer configuration to a previous point in time and restarts.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.