Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
750-437cb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Currently on version 1903 of Windows. I keep receiving error code "0x800700c1" when trying to update. I have tried using the Windows 10 Update Assistant and keep receiving "0x8007001f". I also cannot install any drivers for my graphics card at all.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@jleal1 

Why are you trying to force drivers onto your graphics card?  If your PC came with Win10 preloaded, then it has HP drivers for the graphics and those are the best option.  If you start downloading drivers from other sources, you are only going to mess things up.

Also, this model came with integrated HD graphics chip.  Are you using that or did you add your own graphics card?

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hello!

I installed my own Nvidia graphics card a couple years ago 

HP Recommended

Could be a million reasons. Personally, I would back up anything you need to keep then blow the lot away by installing a fresh copy of Win10 20H2, which you can download from the MS site.

Honestly it'll be way quicker, easier & cleaner. Also you'll have a quicker (slightly) PC and no junk.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.