Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop - 570-p050na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is not a question in general just information for all you guys that aren’t tech savvy. I have discovered I have been trying to upgrade Windows 10 to version 20H2 from the original version that came with my PC witch is version 1703. I have discovered with Microsoft making  changes to the way Windows 10 Recovery works if you have a OEM Recovery Partition removed it. Because Windows 10 version 20H2 will fail to upgrade.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@DJDanny8000 wrote:

...  if you have a OEM Recovery Partition removed it. Because Windows 10 version 20H2 will fail to upgrade.

@DJDanny8000 

That is not true. I've got no problem what so ever when upgrading my Omen machine to 2004 (over 3 months ago) and to 20H2 (2 weeks ago). I know Recovery partition is useless nowadays but I did not bother to delete it because I only use my machine once or twice a month and only use 2 Adobe software: Photoshop and Premiere

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

All the time I was trying to upgrade to version 20H2 it would not upgrade I tried and tried and tried again. I deleted the HP OEM Recovery partition then it worked fine after I had removed the partition 

HP Recommended

Also Microsoft changed the way Windows 10 Recovery works it’s called cloud recovery. I know what you mean it should work from your local recovery I guess Microsoft has to fix that bug. If it’s ok on your Machine it probably is ok then. That’s because Windows Operating Systems are rubbish. Some people have problems and some people don’t. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.