Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I am using Windows 10.  In the theme area of the control panel, I set the Wallpaper to "fit".  The desktop view will change, but then will revert back to "center."

I did have a single picture for my wallpaper, but then for some unknow reason, it reverted to slideshow.  That I don't mind, but it won't hold the setting I set for my pictures - keeps changing to "center."

I tried to find an area in the registry where I might correct this, but had no luck.  

This might be tied to a resent Windows update, as I was not having this trouble until a couple of days ago.

Any suggestions on how to get Windows to save my settings?

Thanks

Loucille

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. Recommend you to leave the theme at Windows 10 and change the background settings to picture and check. If the issue persists, recommend you to contact our phone support as the representative can take a remote of your computer and check the settings for you. You can also refer Microsoft support page

Let me know how it goes 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings @loucille

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an issue with your computer running on Windows 10 where the wallpaper settings are changing on it's own. Happy to help. 

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

May I know the model number of the computer you are using?

Have you checked the power management of the computer?

Recommend you to make sure all the Windows updates are installed. 

Update all the drivers using HP Support Assistant. Click here for assistance. 

Recommend you to disable Ease of access and check as suggested on this Microsoft Forums post

Let me know if this helped. 

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello.  Thank you for your reply.  My computer is an HP Envy 750-124.  Less than 6 months old.  I do not use ease of access.  All power management is set to "never."

The computer has all windows updates.  In fact, I believe it is the last update that resulted in the problem I am having.  I have tried to over-ride the windows settings with a third party screen saver and wall paper changer, but the desktop still reverts back to whatever Windows wants to do.

I have changed the theme settings to picture - then slideshow - to "fit" - but it continues to use slideshow with the pictures centered.  I considered go a restore back before the last windows update, however, I just had an upgrade to my internet.  That resulted in hours of getting all my network devises reconnected - so a restore would wipe out all that work.

I have done an internet check and see that others are having this same problem, but no fixes have been posted so far.

It's not the end of the world, but annoying when my desktop doesn't look the way I want.

I appreciate your time and if you have any oher suggestions, would love to hear about them.  I believe it is just a glitch in the last Windows update.  Snce there is no "save" when changes are made, it doesn't appear that changes are saved!

Thanks again!

loucille

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. Recommend you to leave the theme at Windows 10 and change the background settings to picture and check. If the issue persists, recommend you to contact our phone support as the representative can take a remote of your computer and check the settings for you. You can also refer Microsoft support page

Let me know how it goes 

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.