Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavs5-1010ilion 65XX
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have tried i dont know how many times to get this machine to upgrade to windows 10, but it always refuses to complete the upgrade install.  I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1 and its a s5-1010 HP Pavilion Desktop.

I recently had a windows update install and since then, I keep having to run the recovery from safe mode to get the system to boot. Otherwise, it just goes in a vicious loop starts at configuring windows screen then reboots over and over again.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@pboren01 

When Windows 10 first came out, MS was pushing it aggressively on all Win7 users and while many PCs did OK, many did not and got trashed as a result.MS then stopped pushing Win10 on folks, but they have increased the hardware requirements for running Win10 with every new "version" since then -- which means your likelihood of upgrading to Win10 gets WORSE with each new release, not better.

You should look through the Windows Update history, as update failures are documented with error codes -- which you can then look up online to find out the underlying reasons for the failures.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.