Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 700
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Ok so Originally my Desktop PC came installed with WIn 8. For whatever reason, my hard drive failed. I bought a new SSD hard drive and wasn't able to get the OS back on the system for some reason. My system did not come with a OS disc, apparently it comes stored in the motherboard settings or something according to an HP rep. Yet, I still couldn't get the OS to install or setup on my new SSD drive.

I then used one of my old disc for win 7 so that I could access my desktop and the internet, and figure out how to get windows 8 back on my PC.

I then downloaded win 8.1 from.....don't even remember, I think microsoft website???

So i setup my PC with Windows 8.1 It's running fine at the moment.The issue is.....

I'm trying to enable VT-x. When I go to advanced options in EUFI Settings, there's no "EUFI firmware" option to click on like in the attached image. 

Capture.PNG

I only have the other 5 options, and none leads to a way to access my BIOS settings. Can anyone help??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Normally you can also enter the BIOS by tapping the ESC key at the beginning of the HP welcome screen to get the menu of options.

Select the F10 setup option and hit the enter key.

Then you should find the enable VT setting as illustrated in the picture below...

Carmel2 bios VT setting.jpg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Normally you can also enter the BIOS by tapping the ESC key at the beginning of the HP welcome screen to get the menu of options.

Select the F10 setup option and hit the enter key.

Then you should find the enable VT setting as illustrated in the picture below...

Carmel2 bios VT setting.jpg

HP Recommended

Thank you so much! I spent 3 hours trying to figure this out before posting.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.