Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP slimline desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Did a factory reset and now it's stuck in a loop at 64%. None of the F keys works and have tried hard reset and power on pressing esc key. Nothing happens. Need help 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

If the factory reset isn't working, the only suggestion I can offer would be to clean install W10 by making bootable installation media using the media creation tool from the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

If you had upgraded your PC from an older Windows operating system to W10, if you are asked to enter a product key during the installation process, select the 'I don't have a product key' option.

HP Recommended

Thank you. I have tried this already and sadly nothing is working. 

HP Recommended

NO PC told , NO OS told. at all. why:? telling this fact makes answers 10x faster and 10x more accurate.

I meant  , what OS did the PC have new, and what is it now. (sure w10 now)

if the PC is over 5 years old step 1 is new RTC coin cell of BIOS goes nuts and do will ANY INSTALLER.

that is never the first step, sorry

step1 is (coin good)

test the HDD first. (boot  drive) using HP diagnostics or this.

https://www.passmark.com/products/diskcheckup/

free and 100% safe and only 1 minutes work see fail there IT IS BAD HDD.

NO OS on earth loads or runs on any bad HDD or SSD, or m.2

ever.  or does so and lasts only 1minute to dead.  we test them all first and is only 1minutes work. or less

my app runs is seconds flat, no fails on any LINE !!!!!!

I can not (stolen comment from top poster hear) "I can not see your  PC over your shoulders)"

no better post on this forum exists. IMO

x2

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

I have servers here, HP and DELL

and both send me email when smart fails on any of my huge RAID drives (20 total SAS)

see how smart that is (pun yes)

you can do the same thing on a PC . using the right app that is.

w10 can too if set correctly that is.

HP Recommended

when the HDD fails

it is  double failure

the oS is bad (corrupt) gee I bet this stated off the whole chain if events and actions.

and the recovery image is bad too

100% hopeless like that,  and like #2 cause of all PCs failing (after all batteries fail first)

not looking for those first  is huge time waster, and pain , grief and frustration)

All real shops know this or go broke fast. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.