Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omen Obelisk Desktop 875-0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, whenever I try to boot into the advanced boot options, the desktop gives no output, so I have to blindly reboot back into the operating system, is there a way to fix this?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Two suggestions:

1. Try connecting a different monitor. Note that most "smart-TV" devices have a "VGA" or "PC" input that should work.

2. Got another computer, to place side-by-side? Then, you can get both computers to the same screen, to see, on the 2nd screen, what you are not seeing on the 1st screen.

Good luck!

HP Recommended

@A_User_ 

HP has locked out Advanced BIOS options on most PCs.  If you can get into the regular options and get the blank screen only when trying to select the Advanced Options, this is what is happening.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.