Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 23-q252na

My PC did a Windows update but it didn't complete properly. Now it keeps booting up in recovery mode and any option to recover the OS, roll back the OS or repair keeps resulting in the PC rebooting back to the recovery page. Any ideas or help?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Not good. Was this a Windows 11 upgrade from 10?

Have been having any strange problems loke very slow booting , disk warnings.  Timeout warnings?

I assume a feature update that went wrong.

When that blue diagnostic screen comes up again try 

- Uninstall updaters

if that does not work then

- System Restore

and pick a restore point some time before the upgrade.

BeemerBiker_0-1645537459833.png

If none of these work then you are limited and the options are not good.  

Try the above first and come back here if it does not work out.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for responding. Yes, I think it was a Windows 10 to 11 upgrade. I hadnt used the PC in a while and when I switched it on it updated itself and to be honest I didnt pay much attention to what it was doing. It did actually upgrade and I started using it but found the webcam wasnt working as it was trying to run an app I hadnt heard of. I uninstalled this app it was trying to run (some media app)  and this is where it all went wrong. I have tried all of the Advanced Options on that screen you attached and all of them result in the PC rebooting and bringing me straight back to the same Advanced Option screen again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.