Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Evny 27 inch
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am running Windows 10 Insider Build. I would like to reset my computer back to Windows 8.1 which came with this computer. I have tried to put it back using Recovery Manager, but when I do this the computer just turns off.

Thanks,

Tony

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

If the recovery manager program isn't working, the only suggestion I can offer would be to clean install W8.1 by making a bootable DVD or USB W8.1 installer.

Download the W8.1 ISO file from the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8ISO

Use the Microsoft utility that I zipped up and attached below to transfer the ISO file to a DVD or USB flash drive, so that it is bootable.

After W8.1 installs, you can install the drivers and available software from your specific model PC's support page.

Otherwise, you will have to order W8.1 recovery media from HP if they still sell it.

To complicate matters, the HP support site is pretty much not working today and I have no idea when it will be back up and running again.

HP Recommended

How can I use the Recovery partition to put my system back to windows 8.1.

Thanks,

Tony

HP Recommended

See if this works...

Turn on or restart the PC.

Immediately tap the ESC key at the beginning of the HP welcome screen to get the menu of options.

Select the F11 recovery option and see if you can factory reset the PC that way.

If that doesn't work, then your only option would be to order recovery media or clean install W8.1.

HP Recommended

Paul,

That did not work.

Thanks,

Tony

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.