Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Victoria4 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

all-in-one storage

HP Pavillion 24-g020

When I bought this all-in-one, I did not know it doesn't have storage. Everything now goes to one drive (pics, software i purchase, docs....). I bought 256gb jump drive - i went to settings to default automatic storage options from one drive to jump drive - however whenever I press apply (changes) my PC reverts back to one-drive. This sucks- can't use my computer for work-which is why i purchased it.  I do commercial building inspections and take 1000's of pictures a month. I do not want one drive - don't want a monthly storage fee for life. Do not want other cloud based storage option for same reason. I think I may have addressed everything. Thanks - please help.

2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
45609 4303 10940
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

all-in-one storage

Your PC was delivered with an intenal 1TB hard disk.

From your description of the issue, it sounds as if you or somone else has inadvertently made some setting that have the default save location set to OneDrive.

The following web page shows how to make the change in Windows 10 settings to allow setting of your preferred save location.

http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-disable-windows-10-from-using-onedrive-as-the-default-save-location/

Click on the Thumbs up to say thanks .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

Victoria4 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

all-in-one storage

Thank you- it worked. I read through everything (all PC literature) it said - no memory, however when I am in settings I see I have 914GB - I assume 1000 GB is TB? Okay - I am liking my PC better. I'm working on disabling onedrive later...maybe. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation