Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavilion 20 all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Hp pavilion 20 all in one It did have windows 8 but up grade to windows 10 it 64 bits . My hard drive went out it was 500  I bought a 1.0TB to replace one that went out. I didn't get a recovery disk and didn't make one because hard drive was bad when my grandson gave it to me.

I went to microsoft download the window 10 save it to my desk top as iso file  download it to usb flash drive but tell me replace the disk  strick any key so download it to dvd disk same message  I did change the boot order each time my hard drive listed and I check it see if it was good  it pass the test and it new. I have no idea what to do it will not accept the media I download. Please any help or advice I will very much appricated it  Thank you BJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The tool works for W10 as well.

To burn a DVD, you have to use the Brun ISO option on your DVD burning software.

Otherwise the DVD won't boot either.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can't just copy the file to a USB flash drive.

You have to use this tool to transfer the file so the drive is made bootable.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool

HP Recommended

This give the tool for windows 7 or 8  and I only have license for window 10.   I download the 10 to ISO file then burn it to a DVD after the USB wouldn't work  the DVD wouldn't work  either    

I get a unbootable disk .  

HP Recommended

How do you burn the disk? Need to right mouse click and burn an image or open with Nero Burning ROM or similar software.

HP Recommended

The tool works for W10 as well.

To burn a DVD, you have to use the Brun ISO option on your DVD burning software.

Otherwise the DVD won't boot either.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much  with your help I now have windows on my new hard drive.  Your help was amazing BJ

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.