Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 24-xa All-in-One Desktop PC (4PC14AV)

please help my desktop was uploading updates when it jit just went completely blank now there is nothing on the screen at all its as though there is no power a friend has said he think the firmware has failed is there anywhere in the uk i can take it for repair or remodeled please this is my third HP pc i love the product surely something can be done to get it working again

is there not a HP repair center anywhere in the UK

many thanks 

Cora 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

HP contact

https://www.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

First try unplugging system, press the power button a couple of times to discharge the residual power.

Then plug in it and try turning it on

If it fails to turn on the hold own the power button for 30 seconds

Do you remember what updates were being installed?

Also, if you do send it in you might want to request that the old disk be returned to you in the event it is replaced.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.