Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
I have windows 7 home premium on both a HP laptop (G1V32AV - HP Pavilion 15t) and a a HP desktop (Pavilion HPE h8-1360t). The desktop does not boot anymore - error code: 0XC000000f after latest Windows updates (possibly .net---). I have NO boot disc for the desktop, neither the laptop, but I created one from the laptop, which works fine with the laptop, but is rejected/not compatible by the desktop. What to do? Any ideas? thx
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

You should be able to run W7 repair options using a W7 installation disk or USB. 

I have been working with W10 so long I can't remember.

Anyway, you can create W7 installation media from an .ISO image from this site (Link).

Regards

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Try running HP Diagnostics UEFI  (Link) at system boot.

Tap "ESC", Select "F2".

Run System tests. You can also run Component tests.

Get back to the forum with test results.

Regards

HP Recommended

No chance stand alone, however using the boot disk I created on the laptop, although not compatible with the desktop, enabled me to successfully run the tests.

I ran the first two, the 2nd w. 8 iterations - Result: ALL checks passed. Obviously no HW problem, this is a SW issue!

Addtl. Info:

Order/ ship date: May 2013;  Order No.: H126424161; Serial No.: 2MD31905Y

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. We now know for sure the HW is OK.

What I need is the Windows 7 Boot/Repair disk matching the Windows 7 version I have,

That’s why I added the addtl. Info. There may be someone out there who got the same system in May 2013. Creating a boot disk from such a system is a piece of cake.

Well, thanks again and have a great Sunday.

Peter

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

You should be able to run W7 repair options using a W7 installation disk or USB. 

I have been working with W10 so long I can't remember.

Anyway, you can create W7 installation media from an .ISO image from this site (Link).

Regards

HP Recommended

thanks, but this did not help. I bought and tried a Windows 7 boot disk - no success either.

I'm fed up and give up. Next I'll try to recover my data using a SATA to USB cable. Hope this works. Then I'll wipe the HD and reinstall W7 ( HP did not test W10 on this kind of computer I have prior to Sept. 2013 - bought mine May 2013!

My research regarding this problem revealed many users experienced the very same problem for quite some time and the source of the problem actually is still unknown (?) / unresolved. This definitely IS Microsoft’s fault. They should more thoroughly check the current status of the system before another update is implemented. For my part I never again let them run updates “automatically” as recommended and I further urge the reader to do the same thing. This enables you, the user to run a backup of the most frequently updated files – or everything – BEFORE new updates are installed.

Bottom line: Microsoft is even able to make money from their own mistakes – only because they are a MONOPOLY. Very sad!

HP Recommended

Problem solved. Microsoft is the culprit!

Both updates KB4474419 and KB4512506 FAILED – actually failed twice. After I recovered the system I gave it another try and both updates failed again leaving me with a system that does not boot.

It took me quite a while to find a fix to the problem. I tried a lot – including what was recommended here, on YOUTUBE and other WEB pages – no success. I finally bought a Windows 7 boot/repair disk on eBay, which multiple times failed too. Why? Well, after Windows has loaded the Windows files the user is required to enter “Language” and “Country” it shows “English” and “United States”. Since the default is what you want I hit enter …. and got an error and the repair failed. Solution: Although the default for language and country is already shown the user MUST change/confirm it by typing over it – even with the same values. This makes the repair continue and finally made my system bootable again.

Since support for Windows 7 ends at the end of the year anyway I will NOT install any further updates for this system.

HP Recommended

Hi PeteU,

Good to see you have solved the problem.

I appreciate the solution but I did not solve the problem, you did!

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.