Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp compact elite 8300 sff
Linux

Dear Community,

I got an old elite 8300 SFF as my personnal computer,  I wanted to enabled vt-x in the bios but the f10 doesn't works at all.   I've try all the other keys, tried it with anoter keyboard and I got the same result.  The other choice that i've got it's to press the esc. key but it erase my modification.

I had the same Issue with the enter key after adding more RAM.  Saw few post about it but nobody was able to solved that issue.

If I searched on the HP drivers and download, they don't find anything on the website ... they found the good PC but nothings to install, so I can't update the BIOS too.

if anyone can help me, that will be really appreciated.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Dang I'm so stupid...

I just saw that my keyboard got a fn key like a laptop... for a reason I don't know, when booting I don't have to push the fn button,  but in the BIOS I need tu push that button to use my f keys ... I feel so stupid and I lost so many time with the RAM bracket and trying to changing the VT options

I lost few hours to search in forums ...

Dang it

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

With the computer powered-off, have you tried holding-down any alphabetic keyboard key, and then powering-on your computer?  You are hoping to get a message like "Keyboard error. Press <something_goes_here> to enter BIOS SETUP mode". Release that held-down key, and press the recommended key.

HP Recommended

Dear Friend,

I've try to push many alphabetic keys and It boot normally... so I don't know why it doesn't support my keyboard 

HP Recommended

Dang I'm so stupid...

I just saw that my keyboard got a fn key like a laptop... for a reason I don't know, when booting I don't have to push the fn button,  but in the BIOS I need tu push that button to use my f keys ... I feel so stupid and I lost so many time with the RAM bracket and trying to changing the VT options

I lost few hours to search in forums ...

Dang it

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.