cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
PelleMécanique
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

f10=accept doesn't work in bios menu

HP Recommended
hp compact elite 8300 sff
Linux

Dear Community,

I got an old elite 8300 SFF as my personnal computer,  I wanted to enabled vt-x in the bios but the f10 doesn't works at all.   I've try all the other keys, tried it with anoter keyboard and I got the same result.  The other choice that i've got it's to press the esc. key but it erase my modification.

I had the same Issue with the enter key after adding more RAM.  Saw few post about it but nobody was able to solved that issue.

If I searched on the HP drivers and download, they don't find anything on the website ... they found the good PC but nothings to install, so I can't update the BIOS too.

if anyone can help me, that will be really appreciated.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PelleMécanique
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dang I'm so stupid...

I just saw that my keyboard got a fn key like a laptop... for a reason I don't know, when booting I don't have to push the fn button,  but in the BIOS I need tu push that button to use my f keys ... I feel so stupid and I lost so many time with the RAM bracket and trying to changing the VT options

I lost few hours to search in forums ...

Dang it

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
itsmyname
Level 9
3,680 3,635 144 444
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

With the computer powered-off, have you tried holding-down any alphabetic keyboard key, and then powering-on your computer?  You are hoping to get a message like "Keyboard error. Press <something_goes_here> to enter BIOS SETUP mode". Release that held-down key, and press the recommended key.

PelleMécanique
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Friend,

I've try to push many alphabetic keys and It boot normally... so I don't know why it doesn't support my keyboard 

PelleMécanique
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dang I'm so stupid...

I just saw that my keyboard got a fn key like a laptop... for a reason I don't know, when booting I don't have to push the fn button,  but in the BIOS I need tu push that button to use my f keys ... I feel so stupid and I lost so many time with the RAM bracket and trying to changing the VT options

I lost few hours to search in forums ...

Dang it

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation