Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I just bought HP PC model SO1-pf2016. I need to move image from another HP PC to this one. I have tried acronis and EaseUS sw, but it does not see hard drive. I also tried to install another SSD via SATA with this image, but PC gives boot error.

Please help

Aleks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @alpin1993 

Welcome to HP Support Community. 

Thank you for posting your query. I will be glad to help you.

To understand the issue and help you, please get back to me with the details listed below:

- Exact model name of your HP Product (if you need help, click here for information on how to find your model name).

Note: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Take care and have a good day.

Treeko
HP Support

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I use Lazesoft Disk Image & Clone Home Edition.  you can down load it free.  You do have to take the old hard drive out or new one out and connect it to the computer you want to clone.  I usually use the old one and clone to the new drive.

Good Luck,

Hank2

HP Recommended

Than you Hank-2.

My problem is that new SSD which I created from acronis image does not boot on this new HP PC. This is pf-2016 slim desktop. Original SSD is connected via m type connector. New SSD i tried via SATA, but it does not boot. Image I made was from different HP PC windows 11. 

Not sure if HP puts some security on this pf2016 so it does not take new disk?

I appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Alpin1993

HP Recommended

Hello, Treeko.

My PC info:

PRODUCT No 577M7AA#ABA

MODEL  S01-pf2016

I am trying to install image from different HP PC on this one.

Problem is that I do not see SSD which is currently on the PC.

I tried to remove original SSD and installed one with new system but it does not boot. 

Please help.

Thank you.

alpin1993

HP Recommended

Hi

You should remove the serial number.

I use disk cloning and imaging software on the same PC for backup and recovery.

You are going to have all kinds of hardware/driver problems, including storage controller issues, installing a OS disk image from one PC to a different PC using probable disparate hardware and chipsets.

The hardware on the new HP PC does not know how to handle the OS installed on a different PC.

Check this link https://www.howtogeek.com/239815/why-cant-you-move-a-windows-installation-to-another-computer/ 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.