Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

One of my HDMI ports on my HP ENVY Desktop - 750-114 is not working for my dual monitor set up. Both of my monitors are HP25VX.

In the device manager a yellow triangle shows on both the IDE Controller and on Display Adaptor. When I check the drivers I am prompted that both are working properly and that no updates are available.

I am running Windows 10, and I contacted Windows, Their representative said that my problem is not the operating system and is not software and that the problem is hardware and advised me to contact HP for support.

Thank you for any help that you can provide.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @Gyp – Hope you are well 🙂

Thank you for becoming an HP Forum member. It is a dynamite location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others.

I understand that you are having issues with one of the two HDMI ports on your HP Envy Desktop. To isolate the issue further, try connecting the monitor which is connected to the working port to the non-working port and check. Make sure you uses the cable also from the other working port.

If it is indeed an issue with the HDMI port, then please contact HP phone support for the Desktop service.

You can visit http://www.support.hp.com/contact-hp and fill in your product details to get the tech support number.

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help.

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello, @Gyp – Hope you are well 🙂

Thank you for becoming an HP Forum member. It is a dynamite location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others.

I understand that you are having issues with one of the two HDMI ports on your HP Envy Desktop. To isolate the issue further, try connecting the monitor which is connected to the working port to the non-working port and check. Make sure you uses the cable also from the other working port.

If it is indeed an issue with the HDMI port, then please contact HP phone support for the Desktop service.

You can visit http://www.support.hp.com/contact-hp and fill in your product details to get the tech support number.

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help.

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

>  a yellow triangle shows on ...  Display Adaptor.

That's not good, but is resolvable.

From:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/HP-ENVY-750-Desktop-PC-series/8499646/mode...

AMD UMA Graphics and PSP Driver

Type: Driver
Version: 15.201.1301.0000 Rev.A
Operating Systems: Windows 10 (64-bit)
Release date: Jan 11, 2016
File name:   sp74493.exe (293.8 MB)

Description: This package provides the AMD Graphics and PSP Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

Install this, reboot, and tell us if the "yellow triangle" is gone.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your help, Dvotex.  While I was in the hp support assistant page, I was prompted that a hard reset might help to display the second monitor. I did the hard reset by powering off my pc, disconnecting my peripheral devices, pressing the power button for 5 seconds while still pwered off, then re-connecting power, turning on the pc and reconnecting my peripheral devices. And it worked! Now I have both displays working. Thank you so much.

I also installed the hp hardware diagnostic tool in case I should need it in the future and will keep in mind the contact information that you provided.

Another post came that mentioned an AMD download to resolve the additional problem of having the yellow triangles, which I still have, and I will try that next.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your help mdklassen. Unfortunately I still have both yellow triangles after downloading and installing the AMD UMA Graphics and PSP driver. I am still under warantee for my HP desktop PC and have scheduled an appointment at Best Buy at the beginning of the new year, however I am still open to suggestions, if you know another way that I might resolve the triangle issues.

Altough I still have the triangles, I was able to get the  2nd monitor display to work after I performed a hard reset: powering off my pc, disconnecting peripheral devices and power cord, holding down power button for 5 seconds while powered off, then reconnecting power cable, powering on and recconecting peripherals. 

HP Recommended

Hello @Gyp,

Great stuff! Glad to know that the issue is resolved.

Merry Christmas & Wish you a very happy new year 🙂

Good luck!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
Turns out, after calling HP support, that what appeared to me to be yellow triangles are actually just part of the graphic for those particular icons in the device manager. If they were yellow triangles they would have had a black exclamation point within them. Great HP tech support person checked everything out and everything fine.

Thanks, again.
HP Recommended

@Gyp wrote:

Thank you very much for your help, Dvotex.  While I was in the hp support assistant page, I was prompted that a hard reset might help to display the second monitor. I did the hard reset by powering off my pc, disconnecting my peripheral devices, pressing the power button for 5 seconds while still pwered off, then re-connecting power, turning on the pc and reconnecting my peripheral devices. And it worked! Now I have both displays working. Thank you so much.

Hey that worked for my wife's laptop too.  Thanks.

This was for an HP 15T (touch).  More specifically the HP Pavilion 15-ab283nr.

HP Recommended
That's great, glad to hear that. My telephone support agent, Arvind, if I understood correctly, explained to me that the cause was simply a natural occurring build up of static electricity, due to all the peripherals, that was interfering with the port connection and that the hard reset releases it.
HP Recommended

Hey Gyp,

I got the same problem as you did. I have two Envy desktop with 2 monitors in each of them. Use Windows 10. 

What happened was that I switched the desktops while maintaining the monitors where they were. Now I can only make the DVI monitors work, and each desktop only have one DVI port, So both Desktops can have 1 monitor now, which is unfortunate.

1. I did test the HDMI monitor on my PS4 and it worked. So the problem is no there.

2. Tested my graphics card rendering using GPU, and it worked. Not here either.

3. Tried your solution by doing the Hard Reset. a) holded power button for 5 sec to turn off, b) took ALL the plugs out of the desktop. c) holded power button again for 5 sec. d) plugged in all devices again. e) turned on the computer. Still not working =/

I'm really out of ideas here. Did all of the tests I could think of. Am I missing something?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.