Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Slimline s5710f BV627AA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

What are the steps to take to install Window7 64 bit into PC Slimline s5710f now running at Window 7-32bit. The Window 7 driver sp64340 has been installed already.  I have both disks 32 bit as well as 64 bit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@junosa wrote:

What are the steps to take to install Window7 64 bit into PC Slimline s5710f now running at Window 7-32bit. The Window 7 driver sp64340 has been installed already.  I have both disks 32 bit as well as 64 bit.

You can use an OEM install disc to install 64-bit Windows and use the included Windows Key on the sticker attached to your PC.  You can find the drivers for your PC here: http://support.hp.com/ca-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-Slimline-s5700-Desktop-PC-series/5035352...

Your Product Specifications show that the unit shipped with Windows 7 64-bit, did you wipe that out to put on the 32-bit installation?

Is there a specific reason you're wanting to change the system from what it currently is?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@junosa wrote:

You can use an OEM install disc to install 64-bit Windows and use the included Windows Key on the sticker attached to your PC.  You can find the drivers for your PC here: http://support.hp.com/ca-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-Slimline-s5700-Desktop-PC-series/5035352...

Your Product Specifications show that the unit shipped with Windows 7 64-bit, did you wipe that out to put on the 32-bit installation?

Is there a specific reason you're wanting to change the system from what it currently is?

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. I installed 32 bit by mistake after loosing the password for the PC. This disk is labeled

"Upgrade, includes Service Pack 1, 32 bit software, includes windows anytime Upgrade, Windows 7 Home Premium  DVD."

However, I have the 64 bit disk also. It is labeled "Upgrade, includes Service Pack 1, 64 bit software,  includes windows anytime Upgrade, Windows 7 Home Premium  DVD."

Are these the same installation OEM disks you refer to? Can  I install from CD now and use the 64?

HP Recommended

@junosa wrote:

Thank you for your reply. I installed 32 bit by mistake after loosing the password for the PC. This disk is labeled

"Upgrade, includes Service Pack 1, 32 bit software, includes windows anytime Upgrade, Windows 7 Home Premium  DVD."

However, I have the 64 bit disk also. It is labeled "Upgrade, includes Service Pack 1, 64 bit software,  includes windows anytime Upgrade, Windows 7 Home Premium  DVD."

Are these the same installation OEM disks you refer to? Can  I install from CD now and use the 64?

Yes, you can install using the 64-bit disk and you should be good to go.  You'll need to format the existing Windows partition and then download+install the drivers from this website once you're up-and-running again.

HP Recommended

Thanks again. Last time I installed the 32 bit disk,there were three possibilities to do so.

I choose to install in "Disk 0  Partision 2: OS". There also were two others. Did I choose the right one? Could you tell me the meaning of this and where I have to go to find more information.

HP Recommended

@junosa wrote:

Thanks again. Last time I installed the 32 bit disk,there were three possibilities to do so.

I choose to install in "Disk 0  Partision 2: OS". There also were two others. Did I choose the right one? Could you tell me the meaning of this and where I have to go to find more information.

Yes, that is fine.  Here's a detailed guide on clean installing Windows 7: https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-clean-install-windows-2624904

HP Recommended
You did an excellent job! Everything is fine. Thanks again. I never could have done it without you!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.