Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp envy 27 all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Spoiler

hello 

can you help plz 

i bought an hp envy 27 inch all in one pc in april 2016

and 2 days ago i turned it on in the morning and it wouldnt start windows at all

was saying trying to repair i tried everything but nothing would work,

so i went on chat with hp and said i would like it picked up and repaired but the guy said no you will have to buy the recovery usb stick so i bought it and it came today 

i have sat all day and night trying every option there is to get the media to start up and it just wont boot up into it at all.

im at my wits end its cost me 1600.00 2 months ago and this it just wouldnt come on again 

would any one please be able to help me with this please.

thankyou 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there @Pep3,

I hope you find your Support Forum experience a positive one!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.  I understand that your computer will no longer start up properly.  I am happy to help with this.

I can certainly understand your frustration, with the situation, and I will do what I can to help you through this. I do need some information though.  Please post the full product number and verify the operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.  HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?  HP PCs - How to Find the Windows Edition and Version on Your Computer.  For now I will go with the assumption that you are using Windows 10.  

Is the system still starting with that same auto-repair message you saw the first time?

When you were on with a chat person did they suggest trying a system restore or a factory recovery?  If your system came with Windows 10 or whichever version of Windows was factory installed there should be a recovery partition you could use, provided the hard drive is not failing. In that case, try this document: HP PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 10). As your computer is not starting properly, use the section titled "Recovery when Windows 10 does not start correctly".  This will restore the factory image, again assuming that the recovery partition is intact. The down side to this is any data that you have stored will be gone after the factory image recovery, unless you have previously backed some of it up to an external drive or device.

You may also want to look at some of the suggestions from this forum thread: Windows 10 Automatic Repair Restart Loop -windows10forums.com. There are several suggestions offered by some users that helped resolve this issue for others. there are also links to download a Windows 10 iso to make a bootable disc if necessary.

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi there @Pep3,

I hope you find your Support Forum experience a positive one!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.  I understand that your computer will no longer start up properly.  I am happy to help with this.

I can certainly understand your frustration, with the situation, and I will do what I can to help you through this. I do need some information though.  Please post the full product number and verify the operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.  HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?  HP PCs - How to Find the Windows Edition and Version on Your Computer.  For now I will go with the assumption that you are using Windows 10.  

Is the system still starting with that same auto-repair message you saw the first time?

When you were on with a chat person did they suggest trying a system restore or a factory recovery?  If your system came with Windows 10 or whichever version of Windows was factory installed there should be a recovery partition you could use, provided the hard drive is not failing. In that case, try this document: HP PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 10). As your computer is not starting properly, use the section titled "Recovery when Windows 10 does not start correctly".  This will restore the factory image, again assuming that the recovery partition is intact. The down side to this is any data that you have stored will be gone after the factory image recovery, unless you have previously backed some of it up to an external drive or device.

You may also want to look at some of the suggestions from this forum thread: Windows 10 Automatic Repair Restart Loop -windows10forums.com. There are several suggestions offered by some users that helped resolve this issue for others. there are also links to download a Windows 10 iso to make a bootable disc if necessary.

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Hiya ty so much for your reply ..I now have it up and running I went back onto chat to hp and they got me the same guy this time after 2 hours of him telling me the wrong info and I was asking him surely I have to do this and that in the end I was right and pc started putting the recovery on from the media USB stick I bought from them..so all n all its up and running now ..maybe I can be sleeping before 4am now lol..but ty again so do much ...Pep xx
HP Recommended

I have a HP Envy 27 with a similar problem. Shutting down Windows 10 will result in a non-bootable PC. No BIOS, nothing. Disconnecting the power for 10 seconds helps.

Is there a solution for this problem?

HP Recommended

Did you ever get an answer for this. We did the same thing ( shut down Windows ) and now the computer will not come up at all. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.