06-25-2020 02:50 PM
I have a Desktop HP Pavillon t3730.it with 4 GB Ram and Windows 10 x 86.
At boot the logo HP is shown for 10 seconds before loading Windows 10. Is that correct??
Can I do something to make the boot faster??
Thanks for any help I will receive.
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-27-2020 10:23 AM
I am presuming that you start your PC, the HP logo comes up, and then later, the login window appears, correct?
That time delay results from the PC doing the following:
1) POST -- Power On Self Test -- hardware detection and testing -- which you can do nothing to speed up
2) Loading Windows boot files -- which you can do nothing to speed up
3) Loading Windows drivers -- which you can do nothing to speed up
4) Loading Windows startup programs -- which you can Disable on an individual basis.
The last will reduce your overall startup time -- but at the expense of programs that start with Windows. You would then have to start each of those manually later, often resulting in longer load times for each of the programs.
To disable startup programs, do the following:
1) Press Ctl-Alt-Del keys all at the same time
2) Select Task Manager
3) Select Startup tab
4) For each task that says enabled, select it and click the Disable button
5) Restart your PC
Repeat this process for each startup task you want to disable.
***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
06-27-2020 12:04 PM
you have a fairly old computer, originally under vista it would seem
You may have added as much memory as possible.
Deleting the starter programs will probably relieve him a little.
To do well, if you still have the original disc, would possibly install a SATa SSD, it will boost windows a little!
Expert volontaire :Forum Fr 17-10-2009 :
Sorry i'm using translate.google:
give the model and P/n product number of the device :
example: HP Phoenix h9-1228ef HPE product no.P / N: C0B64EA :
Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer / solution to the problem