Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p6 2214d
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i already updated the bios on win10 using the bios update driver for win8, i want to get the win10 version. If there's no win10 version, how do i go back to the previous bios version???

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello
sorry i don't understand what you want!
Updating the bios is not a game, there are risks.
If it is already up to date, it doesn't matter if it is under Windows 10 or Windows 8.
If there is no new version, there is nothing to change
The latest versions are:

HP Compaq Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family 2ADA)

8.20 Rev.A3.7 MBApr 7, 2015Download

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family 2ADA)

8.17 Rev. A4.2 MBNov 1, 2013Download

If the bios is up to date, it shows with its version number, it is up to date, you will have nothing more because the file is indicated windows 10 if the number is the same

And there will be no new bios, most likely for this motherboard!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

ahh i see, but i already update the bios on my windows10. And i accidently update it using the windows 8 version.

How do i go back to my previous bios? Can i?

HP Recommended

Why do you want to do this?
Often it is not possible to go back.
If the computer works, no need to change anything!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I want to buy a new gpu gtx 1050 ti, so im afraid i have to update the bios. Since i updated the windows 8 version on my windows 10 OS , should it be fine?

HP Recommended

I don't see how that would change!
Which version of the bios is installed?
Be careful no matter your version of the bios, some models do not work with an old computer!
I advise if possible to go and test different models with a professional

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

its the 8.20 Rev A version 

HP Recommended

The bios, is therefore up to date, do not touch anything!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.