Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop PC GT13-1000a (207P6AV)

i updated my omen 30l through hp which did my bios as well as other bits and now i have no usb  for keyboard mouse and no power to my monitor no signal can anyone help please.. i have three months warranty still on this machine...

thanks for any help

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi.

Which specific configuration does your desktop PC have?

Does it have a discrete video card or does it use the Processor graphics solution?

Did you make any changes to the video output connection to your display?

Some people make the error of not  connecting the display connector to the video card if one is present and connecting to the video connector on the motherboard backplane instead.

When there is a video card installed, the video out on the motherboard is disabled.

If you have a video card in the configuration, I suggest removing it to use the motherboard's video output as a temporary workaround.

Is the PC powering on?

Do you hear the fan come on and a power lED? 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply I’ve sent it back to hp as I found out that I have 3 months warranty left on it  so I think hp bricked my mother board  with the bios updat … 

HP Recommended

That was a wise choice.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

well got in contact with hp they gave me a case number the desktop was being collected wednesday  30 november  so i had the day off and nobody came for the desktop so i rang up again and they said some one will collect thursday nobody came so rang once again and some body was collecting today but no ones come to collect it what is going on with hp I've just wasted three days of my life waiting for the collection of my desktop

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.