Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i reset may computer and after done the reset. all usb port not working. but in bios keyboard and mouse are working. when start up windows mouse and keyboard not working. no ps2 port in motherboard. plzz help me to fix. thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Sadboy_pls_help -- i reset [my] computer

How did you do that?

Within Windows, did you click "reset my PC"?

Did you download the "generic" Windows 10 from Microsoft, and install it?

Or, did you re-install the HP-modified version of Windows? 

Did you download the original operating system via "HP Cloud Recovery"?

This latter version may have integrated the HP-specific device-drivers for your USB ports.

If your keyboard & mouse are connected to "USB 3" sockets on your computer, try connecting them to the "USB 2" sockets.

By the way, what is the model-number of your computer?

With that information, it is possible that better advice can be provided.

Or, something completely different: 

1. remove the disk-drive from your HP computer
  2. remove all the disk-drives from another computer
  3. connect "your" disk-drive into that computer
  4. disconnect that computer from any Ethernet cable -- you do NOT want Internet access
  5. start to install Windows on your disk-drive. When it asks for a product-key, click "I do not have one".
  6. When you get to the point that the Windows Installer says "restarting in 15, 14, 13, ... seconds, hold-down the power button for 30 seconds, to force a "hard" power-off
  7. return the disk-drive to your computer
  8. connect your computer to the Internet, through an Ethernet cable
  9. start-up your computer, and the installation process will resume
  10. Since Windows 10 was previously installed & "activated" on your computer, you will not have to enter any 25-character product-key.

Hopefully, by this point, your keyboard & mouse will be "active", and Windows, now having an Internet connection, will download any required device-drivers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.