Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP PAVILION 22 All in one-H002D
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

when  i upgraded the bios it restarted and when it restarted it got bricked i leaved it for hours and its still not working

i tried doing the hard reset but it dosent still work and even in the automatic repair it got stuck there again 

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Have you tried restoring the BIOS from a USB drive through the UEFI Diagnostics (press ESC during boot)? You'll need the correct working version downloaded from HP saved to the USB drive. Good Luck restoring the brick.

HP Recommended

how can i restore the bios ? 

do i need to download files?

HP Recommended

There is a HP video on youtube regarding restoring the BIOS, you'll need to download the correct BIOS files from the HP support website beforehand - obviously you'll need to use a different PC for this - the video has all the details. The initial support page article is HERE 

HP Recommended

@Xander_B 

Hold the presses.

What did you mean by automatic repair?

That would mean it got past the BIOS and the OS started to boot.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

when it finished the bios update it restarted then when it restarted it tried to boot windows  but theres no spinning wheel like this onemaxresdefault.jpg

the spining thingy it dosent show up but the windows logo only shows up 

i waited for like 5 hours but it wont boot to windows

HP Recommended

Well,  the good news is that if you are seeing that screen then the computer is not 'bricked' because (as previously hinted at) the system has completed it's BIOS and POST routines and is attempting to load the Operating System.

Is the factory image still intact? Can you do a restore to factory settings?

HP Recommended

i dont really know how to do that can you send me instructions?

HP Recommended

HP has a few videos regarding system recovery HERE  which cover systems with Windows v7, v8 and v10. These should be your first option ... good luck.

HP Recommended

when i did the windows 8 one it didnt can you give me some more options because i need this computer for online school

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.