Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Resetting the BIOS shouldn't affect the data on your hard drive.

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

my computer will not go past the blue screen

HP Recommended

Hi tosha77,

What model number of computer do you have?

What operating system?

Can you explain more about your issue? For example, did you make any changes to the PC before this happened (add/update hardware or software)? Do you hear the computer fans turn on? Does it just stay frozen on the blue HP logo screen?

The more you tell us the, better we can help.

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended
It said your computer to start blue screen
HP Recommended
I think I was trying to update I am. Not good in computer I do hear a fan
HP Recommended
No the logo HP come on an goes off black screen
HP Recommended

Hi! I'm not a HP employee! I see at least three different members asking for help on this Message. That makes it very difficult to help. There are many things that can cause a blue screen. Can anyone get into the safe mode (F8)? Has anyone created a system repair disc?? Does anyone have a live CD that you can use to boot with??

http://www.howtogeek.com/163452/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-blue-screen-of-death/

Useful Tips for Dealing With BSODs

BSODs have a variety of root causes, but these tips will help you deal with many blue screens:

• Use System Restore: If your system recently started blue-screening, use System Restore to roll its system software back to a previous state. If this works, you’ll know that it’s likely a software problem.
  • Scan for Malware: Malware that digs deep into Windows and gets its hooks into the Windows kernel at a low level can cause system instability. Scan your computer for malware to ensure buggy malicious software isn’t causing it to crash.
  • Install Updated Drivers: An incorrectly installed or buggy driver can lead to crashes. Download the latest drivers for your computer’s hardware from your computer manufacturer’s website and install them — this may fix BSODs caused by driver problems.
  • Boot Into Safe Mode: If your computer is blue-screening every time you turn it on, try booting into safe mode. In safe mode, Windows loads only the essential drivers. If a driver you’ve installed is causing Windows to blue screen, it shouldn’t do so in safe mode. You can work on fixing the problem from safe mode.
  • Check for Hardware Problems: Blue screens can be caused by faulty hardware in your computer. Try testing your computer’s memory for errors and checking its temperature to ensure that it isn’t overheating.
  • Reinstall Windows: Reinstalling Windows is the nuclear option. It will blow away your existing system software, replacing it with a fresh Windows system. If your computer continues to blue screen after this, you likely have a hardware problem.
HP Recommended

my hp desktop will not bootup i have tried doing a recovery from disk that i got from hp but was unsuccessful i got a message that i need an operating disk or something of the sort. my desktop is hp windows vista can you help me

when i called hp they told me they can't help me

HP Recommended

Hi RustyCar,

Try the steps explained in this HP Support document on the PC not starting:
HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows Vista)

Regarding troubleshooting system recovery, try the steps in this HP support document:
HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Troubleshooting System Recovery Problems (Windows Vista)

I hope this helps.

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue,  

after loading an HP update! I keep getting the blue screen of death!!! :catmad:

I tried all the steps posible to get rid of the blue screen, but it keeps coming back, I even tried formatting it but it stops at loading files and it goes back to the blue screen! Could it be a bad hard dirve?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.