Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

ok  so i have my hard drive pluged in and under the add devices it says its working  right.. but i cant find it anywhere else and i cant send stuff to that drive so i dont believe its working they way it should i just updated my  windows ten to 11 .. what could be causeing this to not work  

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Shawn87 

All standard USB external HDD's should be P-n-P devices. You don't have to add, it will turn up automatically. Please try other USB port.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@Shawn87 -- does it work when connected to a different computer that is running MacOS or Windows 10?

When connected to your computer, use right-mouse-button-click on "My Computer" (or whatever they call it in Wnidows 11), and choose "Manage" to open the "Management" window. Click on "Storage"., then click on "Disk Management".

Does the external disk-drive get listed?

Did you submit "feedback" to the Microsoft  Insider program about your issue?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.