Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp desktop Pavilion A10 vision
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

typing jumps back to beginning AND scroll jumps back (just started) could barely get question typed due to these issues...please help confused computer illiterate grandma trying to help grandkids with school work in this crazy time!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@dama1 

I sympathize with the grandkids problems -- as I would eagerly help mine but their parents won't let me into their houses!

I read your issue but this could be LOTS of things.  Let's start by having you describe, in detail, what you are doing.  For example, you said you were typing but you have to be in some Application before you can start typing.  So, what are you opening when you start to type?

Also, how old is the PC that you are using?  Asking because you said this just started and I wanted to get an idea of how long you have been using it without problems.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi WA,

I tried to get back to you but couldn' t type in the reply box on my desktop because of the jumping back typing issue and the scrolling thing. So as you can see it happens on web pages as well as in my word processing program that the grandkids  use. My 12year old granddaughter brought home her friends tablet which I am using to reply to you.   I realize my computer is probably old, I. Think it is 2014 hp pavilion....  We have windows 10 which seemed to be working okay until about a month ago.

And it started doing the scrolling thing and the typing back jump. I got a notice on the computer that updates were available so I thought that could be what was needed so I  did the updates restarted the computer and it was no better, actually seemed somewhat worse cause I couldn't even use the scroll lock button to try to control it.

I can't even go to my parents' doctors "mychart" to connect with their doctors because I encounter this issue even on that website.  I'm. going crazy as are my grandkids.  We use Google Chrome as our browser to go to websites could that be the problem?  I'm sorry I'm  not much help

Thank you For any help you can offer!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.