Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-b230xt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I did a system reset on my  HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-b230xt when it restarted all I get is a black screen with a mouse pointer that shows up when I move the mouse.  Can not get it to boot up to boot sector or bios. Shows the  HP logo on startup and then the black screen. Tried to find recovery discs at HP website but was unable to. Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP does not sell recovery disks for that model anymore.

Two suggestions:

1.  Clean install W10 for free by making a bootable USB installation flash drive with the media creation tool from the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from the PC's support page.

HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-b230xt Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

2.  You can order recovery media from this vendor at the link below:

Computer Surgeons - Windows 10 Home M Recovery Kit Part Number 939524-002 For PavAiO PC Model Number...

HP Recommended

Created the Windows 10 USB flash drive and it still does the same thing. Would it possibly work with a DVD disc?

HP Recommended

Are you making the PC boot from the flash drive?

It won't do it automatically.

To boot from the flash drive, turn on or restart the PC.

Immediately press/tap the ESC key to get the menu of options.

Select the F9 boot options menu and from that, select the USB flash drive and press the Enter key.

The PC should boot from the W10 USB installation flash drive and begin the setup process.

If you did that and the PC is doing what you indicated it does in your first post, then I doubt using a DVD drive would make any difference.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.