Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi i have a hp omen desktop pc i bought the hp recovery discs and have tried on 3 occasions now to do a recovery but i keep getting the message the recovery attempt has failed  can any one please advise i have even changed the ssd and i still get the same message 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

If the recovery process isn't working using the HP supplied media, the only suggestion I can offer, would be to make your own W10 installation media using the media creation tool at the link below...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Then you can install the drivers and available software from your PC's support page.

HP Recommended

hi thank you for the reply but that is not really a solution that is just a work around ive paid £45 for recovery discs  and they wont install they fail yet if i install windows 10 from a different source it works  so there is obviously a problem hp need to sort out instead of work arounds

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, I agree that it is a workaround.

And yes it stinks that the recovery media doesn't work.  It has happened to me twice.

I don't work for or represent HP, and I don't know of anyone on this forum that can help you resolve the issue with the recovery media.

I suggest you do the clean install and ask HP to refund your 45 quid.

Workaround or expensive doorstop, your choice.

HP Recommended

hi thank you for your help  sorry i thought this was hp reps who replied  thanks again its a bloody p**s take from hp isnt it

HP Recommended

Yep.

Your PC will run better with the clean install than with the bloody HP image anyway.

You can call HP in the UK at the number for consumer PC's at the link below and see if you can get your money back.

https://www8.hp.com/uk/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html

HP Recommended

thank you for all your help paul much appreciated

HP Recommended

Anytime.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.