Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
DESKTOP-3RAJ40N
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I bought my hp hewlett packard about 1 year ago and since then i had a serious problem with the wifi signal.

It is always in the lower level that it must be and for example: i can only reach the highest level if seat next to the wifi modem.

I really don,t know that is it normal to have such a matter cause i can't use my laptop in my own room but it is ok to get access to the wifi with any other devices.

thanks a lot 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Sina1381 wrote:

1. I bought my hp hewlett packard about 1 year ago. Since then i had a serious problem with the wifi signal.

2. i can only reach the highest level if seat next to the wifi modem.

3. I really don ,t know that is it normal to have such a matter

4. it is ok to get access to the wifi with any other devices.

1. If the HP Warranty still is valid, contact HP.

2. There is an antenna inside the laptop, with wires that should connect to the WiFi adapter card inside the laptop.

If those wires are not well-connected to the "posts" on the adapter-card, the antenna is disconnected, and thus is useless.

3. No, it is not.

4. Presumably, the problem is not your wired/wireless router, but is within your HP computer.  Contact HP.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Sina1381 wrote:

1. I bought my hp hewlett packard about 1 year ago. Since then i had a serious problem with the wifi signal.

2. i can only reach the highest level if seat next to the wifi modem.

3. I really don ,t know that is it normal to have such a matter

4. it is ok to get access to the wifi with any other devices.

1. If the HP Warranty still is valid, contact HP.

2. There is an antenna inside the laptop, with wires that should connect to the WiFi adapter card inside the laptop.

If those wires are not well-connected to the "posts" on the adapter-card, the antenna is disconnected, and thus is useless.

3. No, it is not.

4. Presumably, the problem is not your wired/wireless router, but is within your HP computer.  Contact HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.