Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi

Hope someone can help...

I have the above model desktop, I bought w/o an OS because I already had an install I could use, however after the initial loading from the USB where you would usually get the option of drive to install windows on I get the error: windows setup select the driver to install now usually I know the way around this is to change sata mode in BIOS, but my mobo doesn't have any such setting, which I've never seen before. I've googled the error and it seems I need to install the intel RST driver but the HP website only has an exe for this, so I'm non-plussed at how to proceed?

I have been able to install Ubuntu without problems.

Look forward to any replies 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

W10 shouldn't need a storage controller driver to install on an Intel platform with a 10th gen core processor.

However, you can use the free 7-zip file utility to extract the IRST driver file into its folder and then you can copy the folder to a flash drive and browse to the driver folder when you are at the place where Windows cannot find any drives.

I've done the work for you and zipped up and attached the raw IRST driver file below.

I used the latest one on the support page 18.33.0.1003 (sp129734).

When you select the 'Load driver' option and browse to the driver folder with the drivers, if you check the box, it will only include the compatible driver.  Click Next and hopefully, Windows will find the drive and install.

HP Recommended

You're a gentleman! Apparently though you were right! I didn't need it because all I did to get it working was remove the USB drive and plug it back in then cancel the install and tried again and it all worked, for some reason!

Anyway, thanks for your help 🙂

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.