Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omni 120-1126 Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have been trying for months to get my computer to search for windows updates.I have windows 7 Home Premium.And it will search and search for hours and keepon searching.And doesnt get no updates.I've heard windows 7 has been having those windows updtae search problems for awhile.Cant remember where i heard that at.I would like to update my computer with the latest updates.But Nothing i do helps.I have tried offline updates and nothing seem to work.I have did tone of research on google and come up with nothing.So this post is my last resort.I dont know what else to do.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@HappyGuy003

This always happens when we do a fresh install of W7.

Let me know how things go and I will let you know when I get to work in the AM.

REO

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@HappyGuy003

Try starting this and let it run for the night.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=46817

I have the same problem at work on a Dell Optiplex 980.

I started the stand alone updates before leaving work.

Let's see what happens.

P.S

I started updates on this desktop Monday morning and this morning (Wednesday) it was still stuck on Checking for updates.

REO

HP Recommended

Okay thank you and i will try that.:catvery-happy:

HP Recommended

@HappyGuy003

This always happens when we do a fresh install of W7.

Let me know how things go and I will let you know when I get to work in the AM.

REO

HP Recommended

Ok i tried that what you told me.And i woke up and it was still searching for updates.What i could do is just install Linux on it.And just use it that way.If windows doesnt wanna search for updates.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.