Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 24-xa1009na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I have 2 hard drives installed 256 SSD & 2 TB HDD.  SSD is labelled "C" and HDD is labelled "D".  I have changed in the settings where to save any content to which is D.  I was keeping the SSD for the operating system.

I have installed all required software and where I have been given the option of where to install to I change the drive path to D.  However, I have noted that some content is being saved to the C drive.  Don't know why as the capacity as now been reduced down to 100GB.  Obviously I don't want to reduce the available space on SSD.  It was my intention to save everything to drive "D" HDD.

If I go in "C" drive SSD which is labelled Windows I can see all the folders which have been created since I installed software.  There are folders which are dated before I installed anything so I would think these relate to the Windows OS files ?

Any  ideas/advice on how to move data across to drive "D" HDD would be much appreciated.  Would it just be a case of cut and paste or would this create problems.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Shipmate68 

Please set D as default to store user data/files for all applications and downloaded files using the following guide

https://www.howtogeek.com/245706/how-to-change-the-default-hard-drive-for-saving-documents-and-apps-...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.