Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq Elite 8300
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, some details on start:

-- HP Compaq Elite 8300 (2012 release)

I've install windows 10 x64 and after that, I've updated BIOS from v.2.05 to 3.04 and everything was alright till I've changed to UEFI mode and secure boot. After reset, screen doesn't respond. HDD is booting but i can't do anything. I have 2 same HP, so I've tested screen, mouse, keyboard and HDD's - everything is fine. What can I do to reset, recover my BIOS or BIOS Settings without screen? and the point is - I can't open computer - it's sealed with special cover with certificate. is there chance to input some soft or something on flash drive or CD/DVD?

Thanks alot!

Greetings!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Problem solved. I've install BIOS Configuration Utility, and then in cmd.exe I've reset my BIOS. If someone have questions, just ask!

Greets!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Ok, I have some new info.

I've swap HDD to working one and updated nvidia graphics drivers, after I've swap back HDD's screen is working back but after windows is loaded. Screen still doesnt working without windows with graphics card drivers, also I can't enter BIOS and do it "blind".

I've tried to flash BIOS from windows but it ain't help. Is there any way to reset BIOS without pushing "yellow" button on motherboard? Greets!

EDIT:

I think it's something about Advanced BIOS Options.

HP Recommended

Problem solved. I've install BIOS Configuration Utility, and then in cmd.exe I've reset my BIOS. If someone have questions, just ask!

Greets!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.