Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 24-xa All-in-One Desktop PC (5KF24AV)

Hi. In my AIO I have an AMD Ryzen 5 3550H processor with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx. I have the Radeon Software installed on my system, but since I upgraded to Windows 11 it has not worked. Right-clicking in the desktop, selecting "Show more options" and then "AMD Radeon Software" results in a pop-up saying...

"The version of AMD Radeon Software you have launched is not compatible with your currently installed graphics driver. Please check your system for other versions of Radeon Software that may currently be installed. A factory reset of your Radeon Software installation is recommended. More information about this problem can be found at https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-300".

J_7_0-1686849657705.png

Going to that link brings up a site saying "THIS PAGE IS UNDER MAINTENANCE", which is very helpful!

I sometimes also get a blank, white window that appears at the side of my screen which only appears to be closable via task manager.

I've tried going to https://www.amd.com/en/support where you can find drivers from, and have entered the info about my processor. 

J_7_1-1686849797164.png

Upon clicking Confirm and choosing Windows 11, there are 2 options - "Auto-Detect and Install" and "AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition". Reading this part (found under "AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition" is what confuses me: 

J_7_2-1686849891338.png

My device is an AIO, so I am hesitant to proceed with the install. I did install the "Auto-Detect and Install" software after checking my system, it says install "Adrenalin 23.5.2 Recommended" which I can do from the software, but again, I'm hesitant to do so.

J_7_5-1686850608868.png

I thought I'd see if I could find any drivers from HP instead as I'd be happier installing these. I went to https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers, selected my device (as I'm logged in) and then got this screen. This screen doesn't actually end up showing me any drivers. Trust me - I've waited a LONG time and retried several times. The only change I got was after clicking "Choose a different OS", but even that menu took a very long time to appear. And I still didn't get any list of drivers.

J_7_3-1686850398306.png

This seems slightly coincidental (although may be totally unrelated) too as the Crucial System Scanner at https://www.crucial.com/store/systemscanner also doesn't seem to work for me and doesn't end up showing my anything regarding my system.

It might be worth noting that the HP Support Assistant program shows that no driver updates are available.

I'm not sure what to do here. Any ideas?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Since W11 has been out for almost two years now, I doubt that HP will ever release drivers for PC's that meet the W11 hardware requirements if they haven't done so already.

The odd thing is, that on the HP business class PC's that are even older than either of ours, they have released W11 drivers.

The PC can't detect any drivers because none exist for W11.

What I did was to look up my PC's processor on the AMD website and installed the W11 driver specifically listed for that processor.

In the case of your PC, this would be the driver you want.

AMD Ryzen™ 5 3550H Drivers & Support | AMD

I suggest you use the second file listed (596 MB) under the W11 driver section.

That will install everything...drivers and software.

Another driver you may want to install (optional) that I installed is the AMD chipset driver.

AMD Ryzen™ and Athlon™ Mobile (Chipset) Drivers & Support | AMD

Even though your PC is classified as a desktop PC, it is nothing more than a glorified laptop that you cannot easily transport around and it uses the same type hardware as a HP notebook with the same Ryzen processor would use.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

I don't see a problem with you installing the W11 AMD graphics driver from the AMD website.

The support page for your PC's model series works fine for me.

HP Pavilion 24-xa All-in-One Desktop PC (5KF22AV) Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Suppo...

HP doesn't have any W11 drivers at all for your PC, and I don't believe that they have any for PC's with the Ryzen 3xxx series processors at all--notebook or desktop PC.

I have a 15-ee0047nr notebook running on W11 with the Ryzen 5 4500U processor, and I use the driver from the AMD website, and it works fine as does the Radeon software.

Since HP does not have any W11 drivers for your PC, the HPSA is not going to find any for you.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your quick response.

"The support page for your PC's model series works fine for me."

• That works for me too, but when I do the scan ("Detect my drivers" on the next page), I get the result that I explained in my original post.

"HP doesn't have any W11 drivers at all for your PC"

• Are you aware if there are any plans to release drivers for Windows 11 for devices like mine?

"I don't see a problem with you installing the W11 AMD graphics driver from the AMD website."

• Will the driver be installed when installing through the software I showed screenshots of? Where it said about "Adrenaline ... Recommended"? Or elsewhere?
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Since W11 has been out for almost two years now, I doubt that HP will ever release drivers for PC's that meet the W11 hardware requirements if they haven't done so already.

The odd thing is, that on the HP business class PC's that are even older than either of ours, they have released W11 drivers.

The PC can't detect any drivers because none exist for W11.

What I did was to look up my PC's processor on the AMD website and installed the W11 driver specifically listed for that processor.

In the case of your PC, this would be the driver you want.

AMD Ryzen™ 5 3550H Drivers & Support | AMD

I suggest you use the second file listed (596 MB) under the W11 driver section.

That will install everything...drivers and software.

Another driver you may want to install (optional) that I installed is the AMD chipset driver.

AMD Ryzen™ and Athlon™ Mobile (Chipset) Drivers & Support | AMD

Even though your PC is classified as a desktop PC, it is nothing more than a glorified laptop that you cannot easily transport around and it uses the same type hardware as a HP notebook with the same Ryzen processor would use.

HP Recommended

Thank you again for your assistance. I will most likely go ahead and install what you said.

Just a question though, what does the AMD chipset driver do / why did you install it? Does it bring benefits? Etc.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The latest AMD chipset drivers will update all of the motherboard drivers for the processor, memory, and various other devices related to the motherboard.

HP Recommended

Thanks

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.