Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP pavailion 500 pc series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a 500-246 desktop that has had some changes with some parts and my ram is not running at the speed it should be how can I fix this I have already gone in the bios but Hp has no new bios for this machine and it really sucks that you guys don't because my machine is not running at its best

it has a old AMD a 10 5700 that I oc to 3.7ghz 

A 2070 super (building new pc this just threw it in because its better than the old gt 730) running at 2.1 ghz or 2100mhz

16 gb ddr3 of hyperx fury running at 720 MHz when it should be at 1866 

Plz help me out here with something the ram is way to slow I mean ddr2 runs at around 522mhz this is making my pc feel the big sad 😞

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Tyler111 

Sorry but overclocking a PC is a risky operation as to make it work, you have to increase the voltage to the RAM, and that will at least cause serious overheating.

Since this risks voiding the factory warranty, we are to discourage overclocking and not provide folks assistance in doing that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.