Level 1
11 4 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

BIOS Update

HP Recommended
Omen 870 090
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I downloaded and installed the lastest version of BIOS available as many people told me that I had to do that if I wanted to upgrade my storage with an SSD M.2 NVMe. After Installing it I downloaded the HP Hardware diagnositcs app to chech that my version is the correct but in the part of "BIOS Revision" it puts "A0.36". Can someone help me?

Regards.

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,493 122,670 20,179 30,958
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you with that particular problem, but according to this post, as far as BIOS updates are concerned, all you need to have is A0.14 or newer, so you should be fine with A0.36.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/M-2-Drives-on-Thimphu-Intel-Z17...

Also, if you look at the previous revisions there was no such BIOS version a A0.36.

A0.59 Rev.A

A0.57 Rev.A

A0.38 Rev.A

A0.27 Rev.A

A0.14 Rev.A

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation