Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 8200 Elite SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys, I hope all is well 🙂 

Firstly sorry to be a pain and take up your time. I'm looking to update the BIOS, I've picked up an old 8200 Elite SFF. The version it is running is really old from what I can gather; v02.15. Upon looking through the forums I can see that the most recent responses and answers lead to; v02.28. Also I understand that .29 version has problems with the restart hanging etc. What I am looking to find out is if there are any users that have v2.32?? If so, how does that hold up? 

Am I best flashing the BIOS to .28? 

Thank you for your time 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If your PC is not having any issues with v2.15 there is no real need to update it.

But you would be absolutely safe going to v2.28.

I always advise folks to read the release notes for all of the BIOS updates and then decide if any of the fixes or enhancements are worth the risk of updating the BIOS.

You can read all of the release info under the BIOS Revision History section at the link below.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-compaq-8200-elite-small-form-factor-pc...

As for upgrading the processor...the max is the i7-2600, no S, no K and no 3rd gen core processors.

3rd gen processors are not supported in the Q65 or Q67 chipsets.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006050/boards-and-kits/desktop-boards.ht...

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello, how do you have seen this BIOS updates?? Because I don't see this on your product page: 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-compaq-8200-elite-small-form-factor-pc/5037931

For be sure please tell us the Product Number (P/N) from your PC.
If you need help for find this please check this document: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Other information, if your computer works correctly, you can continue to use the original BIOS, because if the update failed you will brick your motherboard.. 

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response. 

Just a quick search on the forums gave me the answers to your questions, the link can be found here; https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/8200-Elite-CMT-BIOS-update/m-p/7025445#M56181 

I understand that it would brick the motherboard, but the version I have isn't anywhere near what is capable. 

Cheers. 

HP Recommended

Do you have check if you have been the same motherboard??

I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

Thanks again Fanordi. 

I honestly mean no offence by saying this, by confirming to you the motherboard, would you be able to answer the questions asked in my original post? 

I honestly don't want to waste your time if you don't. 

The information is; 

HP Compaq Elite 8200 SFF 

SKU: XL510AV

Cheers. 

HP Recommended

It is not the same SKU the other subject so you can't use the same BIOS. 

Personnally I think the BIOS available for this PC is this, but I want to ask a friend mans to be sure. 

@Mans do you know how you can verify if the BIOS upgrade is for the same motherboard SKU?? 
Sais tu comment vérifier que le BIOS soit bien pour la bonne carte mère (même SKU)?? 

HP Recommended

I fully understand that Fanordi. 

There is another thread also, which relates to the same unit I have; https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Bios-update-Elite-...

I really appreciate your help here 🙂 Thank you for that. 

Cheers. 

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your compliments. I don't have access to your subject I have an error, I prefer to wait the answer of my friend (an other Expert). 

HP Recommended

@Ryando93 

Hello and thanks @Fanordi,

Please download and install the BIOS version below. And then try to upgrade the BIOS to the latest version.

ROM Firmware for 8200 Elite and 6200 Pro Business PCs (J01)

00.02.33 Rev.A12.3 MBMay 1, 2019Download

Otherwise, please give us the SSID ROM family in the following way in order to provide you with the right BIOS:

1. On the keyboard, simultaneously press the Windows logo key and R. The Run window opens.
  2. Type msinfo32 and press Enter. The System Information window opens.
  3. In front of BaseBoard Product we get the correct SSID of the system board.

System Information_BaseBoard Product.jpg

4. Please give us this information in your next answer.

Do not hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Hi, @Ryando93 

I have two 8200 Elite CMT's running with BIOS v2.28 and as far as I am aware, none of the newer BIOS updates eliminate the 2+ minute delay in restart on a warm boot.

The only way that I know of to get around the problem is to clean install W10 in UEFI mode, which means formatting the drive in GPT, and installing in EFI.

Or, if you don't use Bitlocker, you can hide the TPM security device in the BIOS' security setting.

I'm not going to jump through those hoops to run a newer BIOS.

I also strongly advise you that if you want to update the BIOS regardless of what version, to use the F10 Setup BIOS flash method, since the Windows based BIOS flash method was not written to be run on W10.

If you need help with that, please let me know.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.