Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Elite HPE-540ch
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Desktop came with Windows 7. Upgraded regularly, now running latest WIndows 10 perfectly.

Need to make sure BIOS is latest possible version because having trouble installing new graphics card.

Where can I find the latest version of the BIOS for this device?

Current BIOS is version CHI_715.ROM v7.15

Thank you very much

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@anfreeman

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

After reading your post, I did go through the bios software driver page of your product and found that your using latest version of bios.

I would recommend please check for the windows update and update the system software and drivers when it's available.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner, Thank you for posting in the HP Support Community.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you. BIOS is up to date now.

I was asked to do this by a ZOTAC helpdesk in relation to installing a ZOTAC GeForce GT 710 PCI-E 1x (https://www.zotac.com/product/graphics_card/geforce%C2%AE-gt-710-1gb-pcie-x-1) since the card the desktop came with has died and I have been using integrated graphics since then. Computer is working fine with current version of Windows 10.

I have tried both the x16 and x1 slots, but every time the computer freezes at HP splah screen and then beeps.

Is there a way of disabling the integrated graphics in this BIOS to force the system to go to the new Graphics Card?

HP Recommended

@anfreeman

Let's try this: ( community recommend steps) 

• Enter BIOS Setup.
  • Go to Advanced Menu.
  • Go to Chipset Configuration Menu.
  • Go to Internal Graphics Menu.
  • Set the Internal Graphics Mode to Disable or choose PEG/PCI instead of Auto or IGFX. ...
  • If you also have a Multi Monitors option set this to disable.

Also, refer to this article: Switchable Graphics on Notebooks Configured with Dual AMD GPUs

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, but the BIOS does not have the Chipset Configuration Menu.

Here are screenshots of the BIOS:

about.jpgbios power-on.jpgbus options.jpgdevice options.jpghardware power management.jpgpower-on options.jpgslot security.jpgstartup menu.jpgsystem information.jpgsystem security.jpg

HP Recommended

@anfreeman

To get the answer to this question, this is the older version of bios and options are available.

Refer to this Article Configuring the Boot Order in the System BIOS

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your time.

The link displays as   http://%20chipset%20configuration%20menu./  and cannot open.

Please paste the link as text.

HP Recommended

@anfreeman

Let's try this again: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00364979

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Redid the BIOS update procedure, disabling Antivirus completely.

Could not find BitLocker since my system is not Windows Pro, so no interference from that.

Found BitLocketToGo by searching C: but the .exe file does not open, so apparently not active.

Downloaded BIOS file is sp55548.exe, the details are:

01.jpg

The installation procedure went normally, right throught to reboot.

Once rebooted, the system still displays version 7.15, without the 'Rev. A'.

At no point was their any error message. 

What should I do to get the 'Rev. A' version to install?

Also you mention 'Refer to this Article Configuring the Boot Order in the System BIOS': what should the Boot Order be for my new graphics card to be accepted?

Thank you

HP Recommended

@anfreeman

As per the above image your using latest version of bios software. I would request you check for windows update to keep computer drivers update date and the system will notify if a newer version of bios available. 

To get the answer to this question, You can choose UEFI boot order or Legacy boot order.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.