Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion-570- p017c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For (at least) the third time I have attempted to download and install the following: HP Consumer Desktop BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 82F2 Ver F.42) ,,, each attempt has had the same result -- the update downloads and seems to go through the installation process however, upon reading the "Action Log" the message states the update installation failed.  The desktop doesn't seem to have any day-to-day issues but I believe a BIOS update (or a lack thereof) could be an impediment down the road.  Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Look, disregard this BIOS update if it being pushed to your PC by HP Support Assistant.

This (Link) is the latest BIOS update available for your PC at HP's driver download site (Link).

Regards

HP Recommended

I agree with what Grzwacz just said; that update made its way to my Pavilion 570-p017c as well! I'm definitely not going to apply that BIOS update!

HP Recommended

Whoops! I take it back. That 82F2 F.43 update did go very smoothly on my Pavilion 570-p017c PC.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Avoid using HPSA BIOS updates.

Have seen many folks require HP factory service if the update fails.

Do a manual BIOS update.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.