Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS update install problem

HP Pavilion-570- p017c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For (at least) the third time I have attempted to download and install the following: HP Consumer Desktop BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 82F2 Ver F.42) ,,, each attempt has had the same result -- the update downloads and seems to go through the installation process however, upon reading the "Action Log" the message states the update installation failed.  The desktop doesn't seem to have any day-to-day issues but I believe a BIOS update (or a lack thereof) could be an impediment down the road.  Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,006 5,992 565 1,264
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Look, disregard this BIOS update if it being pushed to your PC by HP Support Assistant.

This (Link) is the latest BIOS update available for your PC at HP's driver download site (Link).

Regards

Highlighted
Level 2
14 9 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I agree with what Grzwacz just said; that update made its way to my Pavilion 570-p017c as well! I'm definitely not going to apply that BIOS update!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
14 9 0 1
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Whoops! I take it back. That 82F2 F.43 update did go very smoothly on my Pavilion 570-p017c PC.

Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,006 5,992 565 1,264
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Avoid using HPSA BIOS updates.

Have seen many folks require HP factory service if the update fails.

Do a manual BIOS update.

Regards

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation