Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp compaq dc7800 sff
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello I have a intel E8600 that the dc7800 supports but recently I upgraded my pc to a windows 10 from a windows 7. There isn’t any bios update for this product for windows 10 so is there any way I can update the bios and use this new processor. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can use the F10 Setup BIOS flash method to update the BIOS..

You can find the BIOS update under the W7 driver section...v1.35.

Run the file and an information page will open.  Read the instructions under the F10 BIOS setup flash method.

Get a USB flash drive.  Format it with the FAT32 file system.

Copt the contents of the DOS flash folder to your USB flash drive.  Just the files, not the folder.

Restart the PC, tap the F10 key to get access to the BIOS.

Select the File tab>Flash system ROM command.  Select the USB flash drive.

The PC will 'see' the files on the flash drive.

Follow the on screen instructions to update the BIOS.

HP Recommended

Hello! So I’ve tried this multiple times and when I click the usb in the bios, it says “file is missing or damaged.” But I know the usb is fine so it can’t be damaged. And I copied the files onto the flash drive, not the folder. 

HP Recommended

Hi:

Did you format the flash drive with the FAT32 file system before copying the file contents of the DOS flash folder to the flash drive?

It must be formatted FAT32, not NTFS.

I have a dc7800 myself and have updated the BIOS that way, so I know that it works.

I never received any errors like that.

HP Recommended

Yes I have formatted the flash drive to FAT32.  

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I don't know what the problem could be.

You are using sp73582, BIOS version 1.35, correct?

That is the latest BIOS.

You could reinstall Windows 7 and use the Windows based flash to update the BIOS.

I don't know what would happen if you ran the Windows based flash in W10.

It may work fine or it may totally wreck your PC making it an expensive doorstop.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.