Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
PAVILLION DESKTOP MODEL P7 1254
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

The driver for Bluetooth Peripheral Device is not installed.
Running a Windows 7 and this is the comes up with exclamation notification.
Anyone know how to resolve this and where to begin?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sorry that didn't work.

Yes, I do have another idea.  I was able to find what appears to be the correct download for the Windows Mobile Device Center that is described in the link below that Microsoft removed from a 3rd party website.

Description of Windows Mobile Device Center (microsoft.com)

I disassembled the file and it seems genuine to me.  I have zipped up the file, uploaded it to my skydrive folder and shared the link to the my skydrive folder below.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApMb5dJXSS-Dggen6t_Lt2eggvfZ?e=HpQ80T

Download, unzip and run the file labeled microsoft-windows-mobile-device-center.

After you have installed that software, watch the video below for how to install the BT peripheral device.

How to fix missing driver for Bluetooth Peripheral Device - YouTube

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if the info at the link below is of help to you.

Fix: Bluetooth Peripheral Device Driver Not Found on Windows - Appuals.com

Since Microsoft no longer supports Vista and W7, they removed the download to the Windows mobile device center that used to fix most of those missing Bluetooth peripheral device problems.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

This didn't work either and tried all 3 methods, have any other ideas ?

HP Recommended

Sorry that didn't work.

Yes, I do have another idea.  I was able to find what appears to be the correct download for the Windows Mobile Device Center that is described in the link below that Microsoft removed from a 3rd party website.

Description of Windows Mobile Device Center (microsoft.com)

I disassembled the file and it seems genuine to me.  I have zipped up the file, uploaded it to my skydrive folder and shared the link to the my skydrive folder below.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApMb5dJXSS-Dggen6t_Lt2eggvfZ?e=HpQ80T

Download, unzip and run the file labeled microsoft-windows-mobile-device-center.

After you have installed that software, watch the video below for how to install the BT peripheral device.

How to fix missing driver for Bluetooth Peripheral Device - YouTube

HP Recommended

Paul Thanks For Your Help All Good

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, and thanks for letting me know that file still fixes the problem.

I will save the file in my bag of tricks to help others that still are having that Bluetooth peripheral device problem on W7.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.